Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Sunday Blues...

I'm beginning to truly despise weekends.. because these days... all I do all weekend is DREAD the arrival of Sunday. Sunday means more than mowing the lawns and and going out to dinner for me. Sundays mean hours of grading papers and planning lessons for the upcoming week...... OR if I make the decision to forgo the grading and lesson planning... Sundays mean the obligatory guilt that comes flooding over me that evening as I realize that I have let yet another weekend filled with good intentions slip by. ugh.

One of the teachers at my school whose husband passed away years ago was telling me recently that her ONE regret is spending her Sunday afternoons cooped up in the house with her lessons and grading instead of spending that time with her husband and kids. Hmm. The problem with me is that I can't win for losing. If I had spent the day grading and planning, I would have regretted the missed fun time with my husband... but since I chose to go out and have fun with my husband.. I now feel sick over the piles of work I still have to do.

These days I dream of a job that I only have to worry about when I'm AT WORK! What a novel concept! :)

*sigh.

I don't mean to complain... but being a teacher is tough work. I think I deserve a pay raise. Or atleast a medal or something.

No comments: