Can you believe it? I am actually succeeding in keeping my Lenten promise. I don't think I have complained about my job once!
I did almost get hit by a car while walking through the school parking lot this morning. That was an odd experience. I was walking with another teacher on our way into the building when all the sudden we heard an acceleration of the gas and a subsequent slamming of the brakes. We turned around to see a rather bewildered looking student and her mother stopped in a car only a foot away. Odd indeed.
Despite the fact that for the last few days I had myself convinced that I would be sticking around for another year at my place of employment, last night and this morning I started to have some doubts again.
I have officially decided that I won't officially make a decision until after Mike leaves. Then I will have a better idea of how unbearable the crazy hours (in and out of work) and the long commute actually are while living alone and trying to keep my dogs from destroying the house. Sure, I've done it twice before but apparently I've blocked the experiences from my memory because I can't decide whether or not it's something I would be insane to attempt again.
I have, however, officially decided that I will be pursuing my Master's Degree while Mike is gone. I have pretty much settled on a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) distance learning program out of Shenandoah University in Virginia. If they'll have me, that is.
What's that you say? You don't believe me?
I know. I know. This isn't the first time I've claimed that I was going to start working on my Master's. You have reason to doubt me; I understand. But this time I'm really going to do it. I swear!
And you want to know the really cool thing?
Thanks to recent changes to the GI Bill, my education will be paid for entirely by the Gov't. Mike has the option of signing his GI Bill over to one of his dependents... and... well... that's me! Because he can get a Master's through the Marine Corps as part of his ongoing officer training for free... he doesn't really need it. Lucky me! Ain't life grand?
To sum things up: I am actually succeeding in not complaining about work! Shocker! I'm still confused as ever about what I will do next year; I am, however, going to pursue my Master's Degree; I swear! And the Federal Gov't will be paying for it. Niiice.
The End.
1 comment:
Wow, the near parking lot accident reminded me of Twilight! Glad you're okay!
Post a Comment