This year for Lent I'm considering giving up complaining about my job. I'm not sure I'll be able to stick to it, but I figure it's probably worth a shot. Who knows? Without the complaining maybe I'll start to focus on all of the great things and start truly love it.
I'm up-in-the-air on whether I will be signing a contract for my 5th year there. I mean, I know I've said a thousand times this is my last year but it's just downright scary leaving job security in this economy. That and we just got these new literature/language arts books that we will start using next year that I love love l ove love love and I'm totally bummed thinking someone else will get to breeze in and use this series while I worked through blood, sweat, and tears creating my curriculum from scratch.
Basically put, I'm having trouble letting go.
I'm also having trouble with the idea of staying for various reasons, so I'm just kind of sitting around waiting for a bolt of lightning or some other kind of undeniable sign to tell me what I should do.
Mike is leaving soon. Too soon. For that year long deployment thing I've been telling you about. I figure there's no reason for me to make any decisions until after he leaves. So that's what I'll do. Maybe then I can get a better idea of how unbearable living alone with the doggies and working 40 minutes from home really is. Who knows, maybe my memory is worse than reality. I kind of doubt it, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
In any case. I'm still here. As confused as ever. But I'm pretty okay with it for now. I'm not okay with the impending farewell of my hubby. I'll survive though. I always do.
No comments:
Post a Comment