I just got finished spending at least a half hour trying to figure out what I am going to wear tomorrow and wallowing in a bit of self-loathing.
Eventually I just gave up. I have the ability to work myself into such a frenzy over these things that my mind stops thinking rational thoughts and finding something to wear actually becomes impossible.
So I did what any rational person in that situation would do. I wasted many minutes of my life on facebook. It is truly one of the greatest time-wasting inventions ever known to man, second only to video games.
And now here I sit. Writing a blog post. Because I have nothing to wear to work tomorrow. And I am going a little bit insane over it.
If I could wear jeans all of my problems would be solved and my world would be a happy place. I just bought a GrEaT pair of jeans and am desperate to wear them.
Alas. It is not to be.
In other news, for the first time in my career as a teacher I discovered a very unkind note about me in one of the desks in my classroom. Or, actually, some 6th grade boys handed it to me with very grave expressions on their faces, begged me not to tell anyone that they were the ones who gave it to me, and ran (literally) out of the room. It said" "Mrs. (Sorry) big fat I hate you"
Ouch.
What it means exactly, I'm not sure. Whether they were actually calling me fat is debatable... did they mean to finish that phrase as in, "big fat jerk"? It's hard to say. It doesn't really matter though. I get the gist of it. Simply stated, someone was very very angry with me and dislike(d)(s) me very much.
I'm ready for this week to be over. I mean, it wasn't all bad, but wouldn't you know I must be a pessimist. Because, this dumb note has gotten me all upset and feeling like a worthless teacher. Nevermind the 6th grader who has stayed after class every day to seek advice about the boy she likes who used to like her and asked her out but she said no and now he hates her but she likes him..... Nevermind my excitement over my awesome language arts lesson based on the Black Eyed Peas song "Where is the Love" that had the kids all motivated and interested and yes! Success! Nevermind all the good. All I can see right now is that stupid note and what could possibly have led someone to write it.
At the risk of sounding repetitive... all I can think of right now is a quote I have mentioned in my blog before and that I have across the wall in the front of my classroom, "Words can hurt or heal. What did yours do today?"
1 comment:
I can understand how you feel. Hurtful words from students can be very difficult to shake off. I've had a hard time when this has happened to me before. But know that this too will pass.
Post a Comment