Today was another stressful day at work. The school that I work at is in such dire straits, and everyone is so overworked that everyone just seems to avoid each other. It's sad, really. It appears as though the school won't be closing down next year, but the pre-school is in danger of closing and the latest word on the street is that all the teachers are going to be taking a pay cut next year.
Lately, while driving the 40 minutes from work to home and going over the day in my mind, I just can't wait to get home and take my border collie on a walk. Usually Hubby and the Husky come with us, but sometimes it's just Ramsey and me. Walking my dog daily is something that I've only recently begun to do, and I have to tell you, it is the greatest de-stresser in the world. San Diego has the perfect being outside weather, and my neighborhood, as I'm finding out, is the coolest place in the world. What I wouldn't give to be a kid living in the neighborhood I live in now and spend my days exploring it with my friends.
There are big hills all surrounding our neighborhood, and recently, Hubby and I discovered that there are dirt paths all throughout these hills. We have been venturing out into these paths daily. (Note: I do NOT take these paths when walking alone). We always pass people walking their dogs, we often pass kids exploring the paths on their bikes, and just the other day we were passed by a horse and its rider. I'm surprised we don't pass horses more often because these paths are actually horse paths (evidence of this is large piles of horse poop we also pass regularly), and it's my suspicion that the land belongs to the horsefarm about a mile down the road. Luckily, the farm owners don't seem to mind allowing the public free reign on their land, because the people of my neighborhood sure are taking full advantage of it.
I really am torn about the future. I so love my house, my neighborhood, and San Diego. I so hate being so far from my family. Do you see my predicament?
Lucky for me, my future isn't up to me. Sometimes it's actually nice to let the Marine Corps make the decisions for me.
1 comment:
good de-stressor choice! Enjoy the SD weather... weather here has been the worst March EVER!
Post a Comment