This has been a hell of a week for a couple of reasons.
First of all, I had to brave the doctor's office this week. I HATE going to the doctor. I probably would never have gone except that my husband threatened to call my mom and tell her I needed to go if I didn't call and make an appointment. (He knew that my mom hassling me about it would be the only thing that could get me to do it.. smart guy that he is). After I made the appointment, I considered backing out of the appointment several times. I convinced myself there wasn't really anything wrong with me and the doctor was going to think I was silly for coming to see her in the first place. Well, I ended up going and my doctor ended up doing the opposite of telling me I was stupid for coming in to see her. She actually took my problem very seriously. Go figure.
Second of all, my husband's best friend is in town. For NINE days. Yep, you heard me right. No, that's not a typo. I'm generally annoyed by my husband when he is around said best friend, so I wasn't necesserily dreading the visit, but wasn't looking forward to it either. Luckily, I've been working every day this week and when I get home I'm too exhausted to worry about them, so I've just been letting them do their own thing. I have also learned over the last 4 years of marriage that if I get annoyed that's my choice. So, I'm choosing to try really hard to not be annoyed by Hubby and Friend and to just let them have their boy time while it lasts. I'm holding strong for now, but prayers would be rather helpful. ;)
Third of all, I have had it up to my eyeballs with teenage angst. I understand that it's natural for all teenagers to think the world revolves around them, but I've had about enough of that for one lifetime, so I had a little bit of a teacher breakdown yesterday. Luckily, it occurred after the students had left the classroom. I locked myself in my room, put my head on my desk, and screamed inside of my head, "WHY ME?!!?!?!?!" Then, I drove home, came up with a game plan, and came back to school and laid down the law for them today. After I got through talking to them this morning I am 250% certain that not a single one of them is the slightest bit confused about my expectations for them for the rest of the year. *Crossing My Fingers* !
Fourth of all, I found out that my school is in worse shape than I had even realized. Not only might all the teachers be taking a pay cut next year, but we will be losing even more staff. No, don't you worry, my job is not in jeopardy. In fact, as far as I can see, I'm an all star player and without me the jr. high would shatter into tiny pieces. My only concern is how in the world the school could possibly survive with any less staff than it currently has. We are already terribly short-staffed with teachers doing double classes and everyone working way too hard for the crappy salaries we're receiving. But alas, what will be will be. My plans are to only stick around for another year anyway, so I guess my only real worry is HOW IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO MANAGE TO GET THROUGH NEXT YEAR?!
Fifth of all...
Ok, so maybe there is no fifth of all. But, I do want to add that if any of my students were to read this blog they would be appalled. No, not because of all of my complaints and negativity (though, I am very anti-negativity in the classroom), but because my transitions are so boring. First of all, second of all, third of all, fourth of all.... I would never let one of my students fly with that kind of shabby writing technique.
*Sigh.
It's been a hell of a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment