Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sleep Train: Your Ticket To a Better Night's Sleep

Yesterday Mike and I went mattress shopping. We had decided before he left for Iraq that when he got back we would buy a new mattress. We thought we had changed our minds, until we started to realize how incredibly uncomfortable our bed really is. I thought that Mike just really liked to cuddle and that's why he was sleeping in the very middle of the bed every night. We got into many small spats where I accused him of hogging the bed and he claimed that he couldn't help it b/c the bed sloped into the center.

This month-long-ongoing argument ended by us switching sides of the bed. The very first night I slept on "his" side, I immediately realized that he hadn't just been being a bed hog. The bed really does dramatically slope down to the center. It's terribly uncomfortable.

So. We went bed shopping. It was so much fun! We went to Sleep Train, which truly does live up to its advertising. The salesman was very helpful but not at all pushy. We had fun testing out all of the different beds. We even got to choose a pillow and carry it around with us while we did the testing. So fun!

There was one very clear winner that we both agreed on. It just happened to be a bit over our price range, so we settled for the second runner up. But, since we hadn't actually looked at beds anywhere else, we decided to go home and do some research before taking the plunge.

It was a good thing we did, because we actually found our number one choice online for the price of our number two choice bed. We couldn't believe our luck! Because Sleep Train promised to beat any other price by 5%, promised to give us a $100 military discount, and promised us no sales tax (just like we would have gotten had we decided to buy the mattress on base) we ended up getting a darn good deal (including the pillows that we used for our mattress testing 1/2 off!)

Our mattress arrives Tuesday, and to be quite honest, Tuesday cannot get here soon enough. I fully expect to wake up on Wednesday morning feeling like a new woman.

1 comment:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Yay! This post cracked me up--I always think of how we used a chunk of our wedding money to buy a new mattress and you used it to buy a dog!! :)