This week, along with the rest of the world, I went back to work.
I was completely dreading it. There wasn't the teeniest ounce of me that wanted to go back.
But, the week went well. Very well. I was in such a GREAT mood all week. I'm not sure what to attribute this to. My friend suggested that the vacation refreshed me. That's a possibility. I have, however, also been considering the idea that I might just be less tired in general because I have been working out on a regular basis. At the end of my work day, I no longer feel like I've been hit by a MAC truck. It's incredible.
Actually, this week I decided that maybe I really am meant to teach. Here's the thing: It's not that I don't think I'm a good teacher. Honestly, I think I'm a GREAT teacher at least in the ways that I interact with my students. I seriously believe that I make a positive impact on those students. I just am not completely convinced that I am TEACHING them the material to the best of my ability. I think I do a great job with coming up with interesting projects and activities. I am definitely a "hands on" teacher who expects the students to be doing more of the talking & doing in class. However, I know that I am not the best teacher I could be. Today, I realized that actually going out there and getting my Master's degree in teaching isn't just about getting the degree. It's about LEARNING to be a BETTER teacher. I know that seems obvious to the average person, but it was a serious "AHA!" moment for me.
Therefore,
*Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye
I hereby swear that I will begin a Master's program.........
...as soon as Hubby returns from Iraq, and I actually know what the next few years are going to look like for us.
Remember my post about moving to Quantico? Well, THAT most likely won't happen. Hubby has no desire to work there. So, I had thoroughly convinced myself that staying in San Diego for the next few years was not only the BEST decision for us financially and practically, but that I am just not quite ready to leave this beautiful place yet.
And then,
I received a letter in the mail. Or, to be more exact, Hubby received a letter in the mail that I opened. It was from some squadron in Pennsylvania asking Hubby to come fly with them.
I was confused. ??? As far as I knew the only 53 helicopter squadrons in existence were located in San Diego, North Carolina, and Hawaii. So, I didn't say anything to Hubby about it.
Until today.. when I offhandedly mentioned the confusing letter that had arrived asking him to come fly for a squadron in Pennsylvania.
Hubby's reaction? "Oh my gosh, are you SERIOUS? I've been HOPING for that!"
Hmm. Apparently, there's a 53 squadron I never knew about. In Pennsylvania of all places. My HOME state!!!
But, really, I'm not going to get my hopes up about this. I'm just going to officially say that I am FINISHED convincing myself of anything until something is a done deal. (And if I've learned anything as a four year military wife veteran, it's that it's NOT a done deal until the moving truck is in the driveway!) Who knows where 2009 will take us. Virginia? Pennsylvania? a new chapter in San Diego? or possibly somewhere else? I have NO idea.
And, until I find out, I won't be pursuing any Master's Degree - or making any plans at all, for that matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment