Friday, January 23, 2009

Moooving On...

This has been a pretty good week. Want to know why? Well, too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway.

First of all, three, I repeat, THREE people noticed that I'm losing weight. Each time one of them said something, I did a silent cheer inside my head.

I've been working really hard to lose weight. Throughout this process, though, the scale has not been my best friend. But I feel better and thinner, and was therefore completely excited that other people are noticing (and thus it is NOT just all in my head). I'm contemplating throwing my scale out the window tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on that.

Second of all, one of my students wrote the awesome Mrs. (Sorry) is... that I posted for your viewing pleasure in my last post. I love, love, love to receive unexpected compliments like that.

Actually, it's been a pretty good week for compliments from my students. (This MIGHT have something to do with the fact that report cards came out this week, and they were all trying to put in a little bit of last minute butt kissing.. but I will choose to pretend that is NOT the case).

Today, one of the 5th graders brought me a picture that she had drawn for me. It was a picture of a flower, and it said, "Mrs. (Sorry) is a lovely flower inside my heart". It was so sweet, I could have cried. (or was that the pms talking?) And the kicker... today an 8th grader.. yes, I said 8TH GRADER.. said, "Mrs. (Sorry) you're such an enthusiastic teacher." -- I gave him a wary look.. waiting for the punchline.. and said, "I'll take that as a compliment." To which he responded, "That's how I meant it." Wow. Needless to say, I was shocked. (and having a party inside of my head.. but I played it cool so as not to scare him off)

Other than that, it's just been minor stuff.. you know.. like.. I'm probably going to begin a Masters Degree Program in April. But, I'm not going to write about that because I really don't want to jinx myself. Currently, I'm fully on board with the idea and am deathly afraid that at any moment I'll chicken out and come up with some great excuse why this is not the best time.

So Mooooving on...

Today I made a joke in class with my 8th graders.. none of them laughed.. so I laughed and said Moooving on.. then they laughed. Then they explained to me that the funny part isn't me making jokes.. it's me responding to their lack of response to my jokes. Did you follow that?

Good.

Well, I'm off to bed to go read the book The Lovely Bones. I really need to stop reading it at night because it completely FREAKS me out, but I am just dying to know what happens next.

No comments: