I haven't thought much about the idea that this Christmas might be a difficult one for me. I've worried a little bit about Hubby, being so far away from our home and our family this Christmas Season. But me? I figured I'll be with family. Lucky. Content. OKAY.
I hadn't thought that this Christmas might be emotional for me. I didn't think about it until I was blindsided this morning when I turned on the radio in the car on my way to work. Within minutes, before I had even pulled out of my neighborhood, I was sobbing.
You see, I was listening to a poem that I had never heard before called "Merry Christmas, My Friend", and it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Though he will not be alone this Christmas (he will spend it with his fellow border fort team members), I know that Hubby will be lonely. And though I'll be with my family this Christmas, I now realize I'll be a little bit lonely, too.
Take a minute to watch this video of the poem that brought me to sudden and unexpected tears, and do me a favor - remember my Hubby in your thoughts and prayers this Christmas Season.
No comments:
Post a Comment