Today when I got home from work I raced to front door to check my mail. This is out of the ordinary for me. Anyone who has ever sent me something will tell you that they usually have to call me and give me notice that something will be arriving at my doorstep so that I don't leave it out there for a week.
Today, however, I was excited... because I had a feeling that my California driver's license would be there. You see, I recently bit the bullet and took the CA DMV's Written test to officially become a California driver.
When I opened my mailbox, I was not disappointed when I saw an envelope from the CA DMV. I was, however, shocked to see TWO envelopes in my mailbox from the DMV. I wondered for a moment what the other envelope could be..
And then, I grimaced as a memory I had repressed came back to me. Last week, while driving home in a exhausted stupor, I made a left turn behind a BIG truck and didn't realize until I was in the intersection that the light was RED. I didn't see the usual hundred blinding flashes of the red light cameras, so I thought I got away with it.
Apparently not.
So, my friends. It appears that today, on the VERY day that I officially became a California Driver, I also officially became a Cali driver with a point on her license.
If that doesn't say, "Welcome to California" then I don't know what does.
No comments:
Post a Comment