Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Dinner Companion

Today while I was eating my dinner.. in front of the computer.. (just like I have pretty much every night since Hubby deployed) I remembered a phone message that one of my Military Wife friends left me last deployment. She was being silly and making guesses as to why I had not answered my phone, and one of her guesses was, "you're probably standing over your kitchen sink stuffing your dinner down your throat"! I laughed out loud when I listened to the message because she hit the nail right on the head! Eating by yourself is not quite the event that it is when you have someone to share it with. Therefore, I have had many a meal standing over my kitchen sink... and in front of my computer.

Which brings me to the reason why I remembered that phone call on this particular evening. Tonight I was eating my dinner.. in front of my computer.. and I was sharing every couple of bites with my Husky. While I was doing this, I had the following conversation in my head,

ME: I really shouldn't be feeding my dog my dinner while I'm eating it. It doesn't teach him good manners.

Me: Yeah, but, it sure is nice to have "someone" to share my meal with.

:)

At which point I patted my dog on the head and gave him a lot of love.

People can say whatever they want about my dogs, but they sure are amazing company.

No comments: