Friday, October 24, 2008

A Not so Great Day

Today at school for the first time all year, I felt like I was going to cry. And, It had nothing to do with a student. It was a teacher. It usually is, though. I would have the perfect job if it only involved dealing with the kids; but unfortunately, as a teacher you have to deal with the adults, too.

Boo. :(

Suffice it to say, it was a bad day..

But there was some good to it..

Hubby called today. And the phone didn't cut out halfway through the call. We talked for an entire hour. It was my lucky day.

But, there was some sad too..

Normally I see Hubby as having an indestructible mindset. But, today I realized that he's homesick.

Well, I guess I didn't realize it as much as he came right out and told me that "being in Iraq is starting to get to" him.

I told him it's too early to be homesick.. he still has 4 months to go. He said it's better now than Day 1.

True.

But, it still makes me sad.

No comments: