This year's Marine Corps Birthday Ball is right around the corner, and I am very excited. We don't get to go every year because of deployments, but it is always a super fun occassion. I mean, who doesn't love to get really dressed up, eat good food, drink it up, and enjoy some lovely company?
My birthday is only 2 days after the Marine Corps' birthday, so we're generally celebrating both events in the same week. This year, with Sawyer, we are going to celebrate my 30th birthday together the same night as the ball. I really don't think I could manage two nights away from my precious baby -- just the one night might do me in as it is. This year's ball is at a resort in Hilton Head, SC, and I have spent countless hours on the web searching for that perfect dress.
Yes. I have two dresses in my closet from previous balls already. BUT, since it IS my 30th birthday and all, I really want a new dress to make me feel young and beautiful. I'm having trouble, though.
 |
| DRESS 1: right now, this dress is my front runner. This is the only color it comes in, though, and I'm not sold on it. |
 |
| DRESS 2: I spent a good while considering this dress, but in the end decided that the material doesn't seem very forgiving. |
 |
| DRESS 3: I've also flirted with the idea of going shorter (there have always been a few girls at the recent usmc balls with a shorter style dress.) |
 |
| DRESS 4: I think I love this dress (probably in a navy blue, though) but then when I look more closely I am not sure about all of the fringes on the top of the dress. It looks kind of messy, no? |
 |
| DRESS 5: loved this dress at first, but going back and forth about whether this neckline would flatter me. |
 |
DRESS 6: a knee length, silver version of this dress was my front runner for quite some time. I love the longer sleeves and the shiny dress - but if I'm going to go shorter, this version is definitely TOO short, and the other one isn't on the website anymore, so I am SAD. :(
(all of these dresses are nabbed from nordstrom.com am I going to get into some sort of copyright trouble for pasting them here? hope not.)
It's pretty clear that I'm going to have to do some serious time trying on dresses in the store, but in the meantime, opinions are welcome. Which style was your favorite? Also, I am seriously considering the idea of a navy dress. What color shoes does one wear with a navy dress, anyway?
Thanks for your help!
|
1 comment:
0h, you've picked out some great dresses! The neckline of #5 would work well if you are large-chested. I am, and square necklines usually help to minimize my bust, which I love. I don't think you can make a rong decision. Good luck!!
Post a Comment