The Marine Corps Ball is tonight, and I'm super excited about it.
Nevermind the fact that they decided to schedule the ball for a MONDAY night (what were they thinking?!)! At first, I was completely annoyed about this, but when I made up my mind to use a personal day to take Tuesday off from work, I realized that the whole ball on a Monday thing is actually to my benefit. Today we have off in honor of the upcoming Veteran's Day, so I actually get a 4 day weekend. Oh, it is heavenly!
There was no way I was going to miss the ball this year. Mike has been deployed the past 2 years during Marine Corps Ball season, so it's been quite a while since we have attended one.
We're doing it the right way this year, too. We got a hotel room and put the dogs in the kennel so we can both drink and have a good time without having to worry about driving or getting home to the dogs in a timely manner.
I ordered a dress online for the occasion - a calculated risk. Amazingly, my calculations were correct. The dress fits perfectly, and I am pretty sure I love it. The true test will be how I feel in it tonight. It's a little long, so even though I bought taller-than-I-normally-wear-heels, I am worried I am going to trip over my dress and create a scene. Cross your fingers for me, please. (My mom told me that I should have gotten the dress hemmed, but I rebelled. I am tall for a woman. These dresses are made for my height. I shouldn't have to get my dresses hemmed!!)
Last night, I spent 2 hours experimenting with my hair. For most special occasions, I generally have intentions of putting my hair up, but get frustrated with my lack of skill in this area and leave it down. I didn't want that to happen this time, so I put a lot of time and effort into figuring out how I was going to do it for the ball. In the end, I watched a couple of youtube videos on how to do easy updos, and I finally managed to come up with something I was pleased with.
I just hope I will be able to manage to do it again tonight when it counts.
Will Sarah slip and fall on her a-little-too-long gown? Will she manage to create an up-do she is pleased with? Stay tuned for updates on what happened at the much anticipated Marine Corps Ball.
2 comments:
PICTURES! Lots of pictures! I know you and Mike will be gorgeous! Have fun.
Are we going to get pictures? I hope so! And, it totally cracks me up that you think you are tall. You are totally average height for a woman--this height complex stems from you being the tallest person on your 4th grade basketball team, I am certain!! :)
Post a Comment