Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Day Gone Wrong... Very, Very Wrong


Today was one of those days....


It all began when Mike's alarm went off before 7:00 am. I screamed at him, and he supposedly turned it off. However, he must have just hit snooze because sooner than later that blasted thing went off again. This time, I figured if I wanted something done right I had to do it myself, so I scrambled over him to turn that thing off. In an unfortunate turn of events, though, in my haphazardness to turn off that wretched alarm clock (that had absolutely no business going off on a Saturday morning!), I kind of sort of kneed him in a place that guys don't appreciate very much. He awoke with a howl. After that, any notion I had of getting just a little bit more sleep went right down the drain. He was up, and sadly, so was I.


But that was okay, because I had big plans for the day. My brother and parents are arriving in just a few short days, so I was prepared for Operation Get the House Ready for Company to commence.


I really did have the greatest intentions. In fact, if I hadn't stepped on that metal dog brush I'm sure I would be kicking back right now, patting myself on the back and enjoying the fruits of my labor.


I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself, though, so let me backtrack a bit.


First on my to-do list was to bathe and groom my dogs.


My husky went first. I bathed him, I brushed him, and when I was finished with both of those tasks I set down the metal dog brush and moved to get up from my position on the bathroom floor. However, I lost my balance and my left foot came down with all of my body weight behind it, right on top of that metal dog brush which to my dismay was laying teeth up.


The way I knew it was really bad was that I didn't feel any pain. All I was able to register was the sickening feeling of the dog brush coming loose from its placement inside of my foot. That's when I started to scream for Mike.


A small bit of chaos ensued. Michael had a little difficulty locating first aid supplies, I felt as though I was going to faint or throw up or both. I don't do too well with blood, even when it's mine.


Then Michael asked me when I last had a tetanus shot.


umm... high school?


Off to Urgent Care we went.


Oh what a day it was. And that, my friends, is why life is so darn interesting. Never in a million years could I ever have imagined that I would impale myself with a dog brush and spend the entirety of my day in Urgent Care.


Good Times.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope you are feeling better...Was an unusual ingury, it kinda of reminds me of that Seinfeld about the proctologist "It was a million to one shot, Doc, a million to one" so remember it could be much much worse.