Sunday, October 18, 2009

Doggie Updates

I should really be doing something productive right now. Laundry. Vacuuming. Lesson Plans. Grading. But, those things will have to wait.

For now, I feel the need to write a blog post.

The whole dog thing is... well... not too much better than before. Despite my determination and Mike's weight lifting gloves, walking the dogs together is still pretty much hell on earth. In fact, this morning, while walking my dogs, I had serious concern that my arm muscles were going to give out on me and both of my dogs were going to take off on a wild adventure. All I can say is that I am desperately waiting for the special collars and doggie backpacks to arrive in the mail. I am currently putting all of my hope in them, so they better not disappoint.

Also, the whole walking at 5:00 am thing is probably not going to be happening any more. I did it on Friday morning, just as I had said I would. It was just a little bit freaky, though, being out there at that hour. I knew it was going to be dark outside at 5 am, but I've walked the dogs in the dark (evening) many-a-time before. My neighborhood is very residential, so I'm not really concerned about it. However, what I didn't realize about 5:00 am is the lack of activity. At night lights are on in the houses, you can hear people's tv's, hear their conversations, cars and people pass by regularly. At 5 am I did not see or hear another single human being. It totally creeped me out.

For this reason, I suppose that evening walks are just going to have to suffice for now.

I really set out to write about my students and how they don't like to be in the sun and want to have pale skin. But, I will save that for later.

For now, I know that I absolutely must get off this wretched computer and get busy being productive.

No comments: