I swear to you that I am not paying my sister to promote my blog. I also am not blackmailing her or holding a gun to her head. I promise.
All of the shameless plugging she has been doing lately has been completely of her own accord.
I'm sure that her new mission to get people reading my blog has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I've mentioned my lack of readership once... or twice... or possibly a couple hundred times in my recent blog posts.
True to history, she has taken it upon herself to be my number one cheerleader. And, I love her to death for it.
I take her sudden interest in my blog as a great compliment; because, while often taking the role as lead cheerleader in my life, she is also that special person in my life who I can count on to regularly tell me what I am not doing right. For example, she never bats an eye in telling me that the way I'm wearing my shirt makes my hips look bigger than they need to or that she absolutely is disgusted by the green nail polish I chose at my last pedicure. And, truth be told, I love her to death for that, too.
So, thanks, SmilingMama, for caring enough to tell me when I'm doing something right and for being honest enough to tell me when I'm not quite on track.
In my humble opinion, every girl needs someone like you in her life.
3 comments:
Hi Sarah! I'm Rebecca, one of Aimee's friends. I've subscribed to your blog for a while now... I probably signed up after one of her earlier shout outs to you.:) Anyway, I like the stories about your students... I teach college students and I am always amazed at how similar my students are to your 8th graders sometimes. I'm a Twilight fan too. I'm currently reading the series a second time.
Just wanted to let you know that you do have a least one non-family member who reads your blog. Take care!
Sar, you crack me up! And, of course you could pay me if you wanted to! Maybe I'll just cash in on a free night of babysitting so Abel and I can hit the gas lamp district when we come visit you in August :) xoxo
P.S. Perhaps you should do a poll on that polish color!!
Yeah for sisters! I miss my sister everyday, so I love to see sisterly love out there!
Post a Comment