Sunday, June 15, 2008

MONEY!

After the hellishness of this school year, I think my principal realized I was doing a lot more work than I was being compensated for. I think that's the only explanation for the fact that according to the pay schedule set forth by my employer I was only supposed to receive about an $800 dollar raise next year. But, when I received my contract draft to look over and initial, I was SHOCKED to see that instead of an $800 raise for next year.. I was going to receive a $6000 raise.

Being the MORAL person that I am and realizing the likelihood that this was not some amazing gift, but rather, a mistake.. when I turned my draft contract back to my principal, I added a sticky note next the the amount that said, "Is this amount right? I'm certainly NOT complaining, but it just seems like a big jump, so I want to be sure." --

I didn't hear anything back from my principal. And, when I received the final draft of my contract back in an envelope on my desk.. I opened it up and on top of the amount was a sticky note with a smiley face.

Sure enough. I am getting a $6000 raise next year! Woo Hoo!

I still don't know why. I can only guess at my principal's motives. Possibly she realized I am doing more work than my pay schedule dictates. Perhaps she's just tired of having to deal with the "time cards" I had to fill out this year (because I was barely making minimum wage compared to how many hours I was working!!!). Perhaps, she was afraid that after seeing me at the job fair this year , I would be seeking greener pastures and this was how she was getting me to stay. Who knows.

I guess what she was thinking when she gave me the raise really doesn't matter. All that matters is, How Will I Spend the EXTRA $$$??!!

JUST KIDDING, MOM!

This year & this deployment will be a super money saving time for hubby and me. We do, afterall, plan to start a family a few months after hubby returns from Iraq. That's the plan anyway. :O)

1 comment:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Start a family??!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!