Monday, March 21, 2011

The Many Ways My Life Has Changed Since Becoming a Mommy

1. If my house is messy it's because I just haven't had a chance to clean it up - not because I've been lazy

2. There are days when I do not sit down at my computer one.single.time.

3. Sawyer is always my first thought.

ex. 1: a possible radiation cloud heading towards So Cal? OMG - how can I protect Sawyer? (totally was no big deal, but that doesn't mean I didn't spend at least a few hours freaking out about it).

ex. 2: whoa - my eyes are really bloodshot. What if I have pink eye? What if SAWYER gets PINK EYE?!?!?!

4. Michael often goes grocery shopping and doesn't do a half bad job of it.

5. Dinner time is often delayed until 7 pm or possibly even 8. Usually after Sawyer is slumbering peacefully in his crib. note: pre-parent-Sarah freaked out if she didn't have dinner between the hours of 4 and 5:30 pm. no joke.

6. We haven't been able to keep up with our DVR'd tv shows.

7. The slightest mention of babies/parent love for babies/cute baby things makes me choke up

8. I have great remorse for all of the times I have judged other parents - both silently and out loud. I am truly humbled and realize that this parenthood thing is not easy and we are all just fumbling around clumsily while hoping and praying for the very best.

9. My heart skips a beat every time I hear a baby cry - on tv, at the store....

10. My heart explodes with love and joy every time I look at my baby boy.

No comments: