Today Mike's commanding officer held a ceremony to award him with his bronze star. And, since I got home today, I've been using every means possible to shout this news from the rooftop.
I mean, if anyone deserves recognition for being a freaking awesome Marine, it's my husband. His road has certainly not been easy. He's been a trooper through it all though, and I am so very happy for him today.
This Sunday he leaves to spend a month in the-middle-of-absolutely-nowhere-Arizona training for his upcoming Afganistan deployment in April. The Unit he's with now is getting him trained for an extra special job so that no one else can steal him out from under them and make him deploy with them (apparently, I just found out, there was a possibility that some other unit deploying in February was going to steal him away). That's how awesome he is. He's so awesome he gets to spend a month in the desert.. in the middle of absolutely nowhere.. training for a deployment to Afghanistan. Gosh is he ever lucky.
I'm not looking forward to this month. Not by a long shot. In the scheme of things, I realize, it's only a month. 1/7 of what I have managed to survive twice before.
But, *ugh.
Currently I feel nothing but disdain for this month of training..... And this is precisely why I feel it necessary to not stay here during this next deployment. I've already warned my parents: I will be bringing my 2 dogs to come and live at your house after school lets out.. and for the duration. I've even hinted that they might want to consider putting up a fence; it sure would make my life easier if they would.
In any case, 1 month is do-able. I can do a month on my own. I think I can.. I think I can..
I can.
3 comments:
Congrats to Mike!! At least you have that beautiful new pool to swim in while he's gone :)
P.S. Feel free to come out to visit!
Congrats to Mike (are you allowed to wear the bronze star? I think you should for a little while at least - you deserve credit too!)
Post a Comment