I promise myself that as soon as I finish writing this post and send it out into cyber world I will get my butt off this computer chair and go be productive.
Not that I haven't been productive lately, it's just that it usually takes me a couple of hours in the morning to get my act together. There's just way too many interesting things to do that add absolutely zero value to my life. Most of these things include the internet, my one tried and true addiction.
Mooving on..
Today I am going to start my day with a walk around a lake. It's a 5 mile trek, and the reason I love it so much is because it just fits the bill for the kind of workout I need/can handle. This is how my walk usually goes: I am completely gung ho, this is easier than I thought for the first oh.. say.. about 3 miles? At which point I start to feel tired, hot, thirsty. If I were on my elliptical at home or walking in my neighborhood I could easily end the exercise. Exercise is supposed to be all mind over matter, but I don't really have any of that. This is not the case with the lake, though. You see, if you don't turn around when you hit mile marker 2, you're bound to finish the entire 5 miles either by turning around at mile 2.5 or actually making your way around the rest of the lake.
I also love the lake so much because it is BEAUUUTIFUL, and there are just people everywhere. People of varying levels of athleticism all exercising. Some ride bikes, some rollerblade, some run, some walk. It's very motivational.
I normally procrastinate and head to the lake around 11:00 -- which has me walking during peak sun hours -- which isn't the smartest planning on my part - which is why I am bound and determined to get out of the house early this morning.
So yeah, I am going to take a walk around this lake as soon as I stop writing and hit "Publish".
Btw, I tried biking it once thinking it would be easier exercise. Not so much. I mean, yeah I finished the lake much more quickly. But, OUCH, my butt! It literally hurt for days after my bike ride. Before I try that one again, I might have to invest in some of those padded shorts I always make fun of bikers for wearing!
Oh gosh, I am so longwinded that I started out trying to tell you my schedule, and I haven't even gotten past the first thing!
#2 on my life of To Do's today is straighten up the house including doing dishes and some laundry.
#3 is take a shower and go grocery shopping.
#4 is call my beautician (do people even call them that anymore?) because I am in desperate need of a new hair color.
#5 is clean my bedroom. I have been doing spring cleaning room by room, but have terribly procrastinated on my bedroom. I mean, I already cleaned out my closet, but that's only the half of it. I still have a dresser full of junk I have to go through and give away.
#6 Is the sun still out? Relax in the pool with a good book.
And that's about it.
Sometime this week I want to go into school and check out what's going on there. It's always nervewrecking going back there after a few months off. I never know what I'm going to walk into or just how overwhelmed I'll be. But, oddly, I have already started thinking about the school year and actually getting somewhat *GASP* excited about it. Shocking, I know. I even created a website where my students and parents can go for homework assignments and announcements. I am thrilled about it.
So, I suppose I need to get this thing published and get my butt out the door.
Sionara my friends, I'm heading out the door to take a nice walk around a lake.
2 comments:
Hey I'm headed to a lake right now, too! Have a good walk and wear sunscreen!!
HOLD ON to that excitement about the school year starting and hopefully it will still be there in a few weeks. I need to capture some of your excitement... I fighting the August dread syndrome.
Post a Comment