I haven't been writing about it in my blog, but lately, I have been absolutely hating the idea of going back to school. My DREAD for the beginning of the school year got so bad that I actually found myself in search of a way to make this my LAST year as a teacher. My plotting took me down avenues that I am not proud of.. like.. you know.. searching for jobs on jobs.com (and considering the managerial position open at Target) and.. um... well... planning to get pregnant just so I can be a stay at home MOM and OUT of the classroom. Pretty sick, right? yeah.
So, like I said.. it got bad.
My absolute total and complete HATRED of this coming school year might possibly have had a little bit to do with the fact that I'm just UNhappy with life in general right now with Hubby's very recent departure to Iraq. It might ALSO have had to do with the FACT that there have been a thousand and one (not so good) changes at my school this year and I know it will be a year of chaos.
But, whatever the reason was.. after today my feelings have changed for the better. I finally got my classroom together for the most part... and actually started putting some of the ideas that have been circulating in my head into action. And, today for the first time, many of my fellow staff members were at school. It was really great to be around all of them and to REALIZE why it was that I stuck with that school in the first place.. I feel comfortable there. I like my co-workers (for the most part). And, they respect me.
And, of course, there's the kids. I love my students. I just have to remind myself of that every now and then.
However, I really am starting to think about getting out of the BIG classroom atmosphere. I'm thinking I'd like to pursue ESL (English as a Second Language) Education. I've been thinking that more and more lately. Now all I need to do is find the time (I Won't), motivation (hopefully), and Money (the military has awesome scholarships and grants for military wive who want to go back to school) to get my Masters. Oh, and finding a good ESL Education program might be a good idea too.
So. Who knows what the future will hold. All I know is that FOR NOW going back to school on August 27 may not be the absolute WORST thing that could possibly happen to me.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment