Monday, July 21, 2008

Temper Tantrums

When I was in college I used to babysit this 3-year-old girl on Friday nights who threw temper tantrums that should have gone down in the record books. These temper tantrums were full throttle..she must have used every ounce of energy she had left inside of her to crawl screaming around her entire downstairs for 30 minutes.. while slobbering everywhere. I can only imagine that the time that she SCREAMED at the top of her lungs for 45 minutes while in her highchair at dinner she must have done some damage to her vocal chords.. But, I'll tell you what, that girl was committed. Her temper tantrums were absolutely amazing.

and.. today and a little bit yesterday and for a few moments last week... I really felt like I wanted to be like that little girl and scream at the top of my lungs.. slobber all over the floor.. and throw myself around my house. For some reason I think that girl must've been onto something. Throwing a temper tantrum like that must really relieve a lot of frustration and anger. Not only that, but after 30 minutes of screaming and rolling around on the floor.. it seems to me that you'd have to be too tired to remember what upset you in the first place.

With hubby's deployment looming ahead of me and a going away party that seems to be crashing and burning in my face,who knows.. it is possible that I just might find myself rolling around my living room floor one afternoon screaming at the top of my lungs. I can't make any promises that it won't happen.. that's all I'm going to say.

:)

No comments: