Tuesday, October 16, 2007
emotions
Last night I went to a farewell party for one of the people in the squadron that will be relieving Hubby. They leave in the next few days. It was a weird experience for me for a couple of reasons. First of all, it was sentimental for me. I was surrounded by the aviation world. My world... or, what might possibly be my world of the past. Not that I have made the best of friends in this world or anything, but I have certainly created a circle. As a helicopter pilot, Hubby and I are surrounded by this world of people that we have known for the last 3 years. Some of these people have been recurring characters in our lives, some of these people friends of friends of friends.. but still.. it's a circle, a comradery. It was weird for me to think that very soon Hubbyand I may not be part of this small population of the world any longer. *sigh. This is why I said in one of my previous posts that I feel like someone died.. but that's not really what I meant. What I meant is that I am in mourning. I am grieving for life as I know it. It sounds strange to admit, but as crazy as the aviation life is, it is actually predictable in its unpredictability. :O)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment