Friday, October 26, 2007

Back to Reality..

It's actually almost completely unbelievable that it was only just about a week ago that this whole thing with the fires began. This week has been a strange one. It's pretty much a whirlwind of mixed up thoughts and memories all running together in my head. It was a distraction from real life, but now that the shock of the fires is wearing off I'm beginning to see that my reality has not changed.

It's been a little bit difficult for my husband to be there for me through all of this.. because he's so engulfed in the enormity of what is happening to him over there in Iraq. He's not doing well. So, though two weeks seems like nothing.. I think it will feel like an eternity for him before he arrives back home.. and possibly for me too.

agiharoygatq9-8y45qoitha;ldghad. <-----There's an idea of what is going on in my head right now. It's a gobblety goop of thoughts and ideas mixing together coming to no intelligent conclusions. I don't know what is going to happen to us. I don't know what Mike will be like when he returns. I'm afraid of what the terribleness of this whole experience has done to him. But, as with all things, only time will tell.

At this point, he just needs to be home and we need to start figuring out where we go from here.

No comments: