Sunday, September 16, 2007

relinquish all control

When we first moved here, we were told that Hubby's deployments would be pretty regular. We were told that he would be deploying for 7 months, returning home for a year, deploying for 7 months, and so on and so forth. Recently, the word came down from those powers that be, that due to shortages in helicopter pilots, Michael might have to deploy again only 5 months after his return home. This is one of those things that I have briefly considered. The key word there being.. BRIEFLY. In my heart of hearts, I will acknowledge the fact that it will kill me if my husband has to return to Iraq so soon after returning and that my heart will break over having to spend two Southern California summers in a row alone. However, if there is one things that I have learned from being a Marine Corps wife for 3 years, it's that whatever is going to happen IS going to happen and it OFTEN is not what you expected would happen. So. I have learned how to relinquish control. In this situation, I have done this. In the end, I love my husband with every ounce of my being and no matter what happens, we'll figure out how to get through it *together*

The other thing that has been heavily weighing on my mind lately, is the fact that things are not going so well for my husband over there right now. His spirits are low and his career as a helicopter pilot seems to be spiraling into oblivion. I don't know what's really going on over there, all I know is what he tells me.. and what I am able read between the lines. I know that my husband is extremely unhappy and that is an extremely difficult thing to deal with considering the fact that there is NOTHING that I can do about it. All I can do is tell him I love him, tell him to never give up, and pray for the best. It's an amazing thing, this whole being a military wife thing. If you're a control freak you'll never survive. The best way that I have learned to deal with this life is to trust that whatever happens will be the best thing, the right thing. In the end, all you can do is deal with the hand that life deals you. That's what I'm prepared to do.

No comments: