Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time for a Tour

Today we signed papers with a rental company. They say our house will officially be up for rent tomorrow.... I have bittersweet feelings about this whole thing. Before we leave this place (possibly for good), I thought I would take pictures of the house. It is and forever will be the very first home we ever own. I have my issues with it, but I imagine there will be a time when I will look back on it with wistfulness. Without further ado, I give you: My House.

Hello. Welcome to my neighborhood. As you can see, it's trash day. The hills in the distance are full of horse trails that are fun to explore - but watch out because you just might encounter a rattlesnake or a coyote. Yikes!
This is my house. Notice all the palm trees? I. Hate. Them.
 
Would you like to come in? (If you're a vampire, however, I formally rescind your invitation) ;)


Upon entering the front door, this is what you see. The desk and book shelf used to have their own room, but Sawyer's arrival kicked them out and this is where they now reside.
Look around you, and you'll find yourself standing here - in my entranceway. The wall to the right is filled with pictures of all of the people in our families who have served in the military.

pivot slightly to the right and you find the living room - home of the obnoxiously large tv and the most comfortable couches in the world (this is a proven fact).

Another pivot to the right and you are looking at my kitchen. I do love my kitchen, though I regret never putting in new countertops and cabinets...
 

and the place with the table.... (can't really call it a dining room, now can we?)


to your left is the hallway


when you start to walk down the hallway, the first room on your left is the bathroom


I am in love with my pedestal sinks


 the first room on your right is Sawyer's room
 It's my favorite room in the house
these pictures just aren't doing it justice


 the next room on your right is the guest room.
It houses many of Michael's military plaques and certificates. Many more need to be framed and added.

 across from the guest room is our bedroom. Copper thinks he is the king of the bed. He is there 99% of the time.
in this picture you catch a small glimpse of our bathroom. It's exactly the same as the other bathroom, so I didn't include a picture.

 After you walked in the front door, if you had continued walking straight you would have landed in our backyard.
It's very private and feels like an extension of the house

these are two of the five nasty palm trees that send debris into our pool at an alarming rate. Too bad it would cost $500 each to cut them down...

Lastly, I take you to the garage - which has only just recently begun to house our elliptical and is thoroughly RAT free. Promise.


That completes your tour. Thanks for stopping in.


No comments: