Now that the Federal Government finally got their crap together and passed a budget, our orders to South Carolina might actually go through which means we're looking at a move across the country in... less than 2 months.
yikes.
I am not sure why, but my sense of urgency about preparing for this move is just not quite there. I mean, I have a to-do list that is quite lengthy written on the marker board on our fridge... we just haven't managed to check off any of those boxes just yet.
This could have a bit to do with the fact that my life has been consumed momentarily with the eradication of these rats that decided to take up residence in our attic. UGH. I don't even really want to go there, just know that said rats caused me to become momentarily insane last weekend when I was left alone with them and my baby. Google is not your friend in these sorts of situations. Neither, I learned, is my aunt who decided to tell me that when she was in college a rat dug through her kitchen floor......... hello, worst nightmare!
(which kind of makes me want to veer from the subject for the moment and vent about how there is always someone who manages to say the absolute worst thing in sensitive situations... the above rat comment being a phenomenal example. Another example from my own personal experience went something like this: Oh, your mom doesn't wear a wig? (while going through chemo for breast cancer) I had a friend with breast cancer who didn't wear wigs and there was something so beautiful about her bald head. She's dead now." yooowza. thanks for that uplifting story!!)
[back to the rats]
The "professionals" are taking care of it, though... and they're doing a crap-tastic job of it in my humble opinion. Better them than me, though. And that's really all I have to say about that.
After reading this post do you now have a slight understanding why it takes me so long to clean my house? It goes something like this:
*putting away dishes
*looks to the right and sees a napkin that needs to be thrown away
*walks over and picks up napkin
*trips over shoe
*picks up shoe and heads to the bedroom, napkin still in hand
*notices that the mail arrived
*heads outside to get mail, shoe and napkin still in hand
*walks back inside and walks in a circle trying to decide what to do first? shoe? napkin? mail?
I am very easily distracted.
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment