Friday, November 5, 2010

pinch me

Somebody pinch me.
please.

This little life I'm leading right now is feeling a bit too... unreal. Is all of this actually happening? It's hard to believe pretty much 98% of the time.

For one, Mike is no longer in Afghanistan. I repeat. He has left the scary country. He made it out safely. *whew. *big freaking sigh of relief. He's in another country now for I'm not exactly sure how long before he will arrive back in the United States of America. That's right. The US of A. My husband is going to be in the same country as me sometime in the somewhat near future (even if I knew when he was coming back and where he was now I sure wouldn't post it online; because, call me paranoid, but I'm not going to be held responsible for giving away secret information to the *gasp* enemy.)

...And I'm REALLY excited. I mean SUPER happy. But then again there's this big part of me that probably needs to be pinched repeatedly or possibly slapped in the face once or twice so that I can snap out of it and actually realize that HOLY CRAP, my HUSBAND IS COMING HOME! for real. no joke. no marine corps false promises here. He's actually coming back. and God willing (En Sha Allah in Arabic -- one of Mike's key phrases that he brought with him from his last deployment) he will be here for the birth of this baby.

Speaking of BABY...
OMG. 37 weeks, people. I am 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow and this baby is pretty much fully cooked and ready to come out whenever he so chooses. I do hope he decides to show up sooner than later, but I also hope that he decides to show up after his daddy has arrived here in Pennsylvania. But, not wanting to put too much pressure on him, mostly I just hope that he is healthy. (and the cutest baby in the entire world, but that goes without saying, right? he will obviously be adorable and just the cutest baby anyone has every seen. right?)

right.
so pinch me a couple of times and then bring it on because all of the changes coming up in my life are changes I am welcoming with open arms.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so happy that Mike is on his way home! Yeah! I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little darling!