My writing prompt for my students today was "5 things that me me unique are..."
So, I thought I'd complete this for myself.
1. I am a complete and total homebody. My idea of an ideal weekend is to spend it in the house relaxing with my husband and my two dogs.
2. I am the complete opposite of a neat freak. If you were to stop by my house randomly, you would probably be shocked to see that my house regularly looks as though a tornado has just hit it.
3. I love cars. In the 3 years that my husband and I have been married we have owned 6 cars. We just can't get enough of them (and actually just bought a new car this weekend!)
4. Every time I leave the house, I convince myself that I have left the stove, hairdryer, curling iron, etc... on. or that I have left the garage door open. In order to avoid this panic, as I leave the house I say out loud, "I turned the oven off. I closed the garage door", etc.
5. I've been telling myself that I was going to start exercising and get myself in perfect shape since 8th grade. I have had a few short spurts of doing so, but nothing that lasts... but this year will be the year.... (or so I think!)
(and I don't quite think I'm finished at 5, so here's a few more)
6. I am one of those people who can change my hair to just about any color and it will look good. I never get nervous at the hairdresser because I know my hair will turn out fine.. no matter what color it ends up.
7. I am 100% addicted to chapstick. I start to panic if I get to work and realize I've left it at home.
8. I am wanted in the state of Arkansas for a speeding ticket that is 1.5 years old that I constantly forget to pay (I really have to do that!!)
9. I get teary-eyed when anything military-wife related comes on tv. I even teared up at Sea World's salute to the hero's before Shamu's big show. (thank God I had on sunglasses- how embarassing) -- Last night I watched Deal or No Deal and cried my eyes out because the player was an Army wife whose husband was deploying in a month.
10. I am sooooooooooo happy and at peace now that my husband is back from deployment. All of the memories of his deployment had seemingly disappeared until he began talking about a possible November deployment... at which point my stomach sank to my feet and I realize those memories are not gone.. just buried very deep.
11. I purposely do and say weird things to make my students laugh at/with me. I figure they're going to talk about me anyway, I might as well give them something interesting to talk about!
:O)
......
1 comment:
Sar, we have our webcam set up so just have to figure out how to do "calls" with you! You can accept and see our video even if you don't have a camera.
Post a Comment