Thursday, March 6, 2008

Resurrection


I'm currently taking a class to be certified as a Religion teacher. One of our recent homework assignments was to bring in a symbol of the Resurrection. I didn't bring in a symbol, because, I was drawing a terrible blank. I just couldn't think of anything. Tonight, though, as I was preparing some homework for my class this weekend, I was looking through some of my pictures, and a light bulb went off in my head. It was a picture of my mom and my nephew during on of her chemotherapy treatments. They both have huge smiles on their faces, and if you didn't look closely enough you might miss the IV in my mom's hand and not realize the sadness behind the joy. And, that's when I realized... THIS is my image of the resurrection... true joy despite great sadness. The beauty of life outweighing the pain of life. Amen to that.:)

1 comment:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Um, thanks for the tears first thing Monday morning :) Seriously, that is perfect and beautiful. Post it on the carepage!! (Can't believe how young Lucas looks!!)